Busy week for youth teams

The first of Girvan’s games in a very busy schedule was a midweek game away to Stewarton.

Girvan started pressing right from the start with Hamilton and Taylor bossing the midfield, Stewarton couldn’t cope with the pace of Dorans and this led to the first of many chances Dorans hitting a blistering shot that was well saved by the keeper.

Girvan did open the scoring Mcculloch bursting out of defence made a defence splitting pass to Rice who rounded the keeper and slotted home.

Girvan then went on to squander numerous chances but completely dominating the match.

Stewarton who had been struggling pulled a goal back with a classic counter attack which caught out Gillespie, Gillespie had to be replaced after this with a back injury Sloan replacing him.

With the first half coming to an end Stewarton went ahead through there No 9.

The second half started with Girvan going on the offence again Taylor this time going close, but Stewarton went further ahead through a penalty Barrett failed to clear his lines then Sloan bundled the striker over Stwerton scoring the resulting penalty.

Storrie pulled a goal back for Girvan near the end to give Stewarton a nervy end to the match but they managed to hold out to the end.

Man of the match with a commanding performance in midfield was Calum Hamilton

KSA Rovers 0

Girvan Youth 6

Girvan had another long journey up to Salcoats to take on KSA Rovers.

With Calum Hamilton suspended for this Girvan reshuffled the squad.

Girvan had their shooting boots on for this one Rice opened the scoring after Dorans set him up.

Rice had a hand in the next swinging in a corner where Barrett was lurking at the back post and volleyed in from close range.

Girvan added another before half time through an OG.

Allison added another early in the 2nd half after Dorans fed him in again, then Storrie got in on the act racing past three defenders and slotting past the keeper. Dorans then hit a 30 yarder which struck the bar & Park wrapped the game up heading in a Barrett corner.

A fantastic performance from the boys yet again well done.

Jimmy Johnstone Academy 2 Girvan Youth 0

Girvan travelled up to New Cumnock to take on The Jimmy Johnstone Academy in an exhibition match at Glenaftons ground.

This was to prove a real workout for the boys as the Glasgow team were very quick and strong the boys played well but unfortunately got beat 2-0.

Girvan then took on a Glenafton select and came out 3-0 winners in this one goals from Dorans x 2 & Park.

KSC Town 4

Girvan Youth 0

Girvan’s third game of a very busy weekend in the sweltering heat saw them travel up to Kilwinning to take on last years league winners and unbeaten this season KFC Town.

KFC broke the deadlock just on half time with a stunning strike from 30 yards culed into the top corner which left Gillespie with no chance of getting.

After the second half started KSC were awared a free kick which they took early and caught the Girvan defence out and scored.

Girvan were then awarded a free kick Smith driving from the half way line seemed to beat the keeper but the ref didn’t give it.

KSC added two more before the end to keep there unbeaten run going. Next weekend Girvan competing in the Giffnock Tournament where they’ll be playing against some really tough opposition.