There are a wide range of graduate schemes available in the UK, offering next steps for those that are university educated and hoping to embark on a new or different career path.
From supermarket chains and government schemes to the business sector, there are multiple routes for graduates to choose from – some paying more than others.
Aldi – Graduate Area Manager Programme
During this two year programme, you’ll learn the ins and outs of store life, before discovering what it takes to lead your own area.
You’ll need a minimum of:
- 96 UCAS points from your top three A Levels (or the equivalent from other relevant qualifications)
- 2:1 in any degree discipline
- UK driving licence
- The right to work in the UK
£44,000 starting salary, which will rise in stages to £75,360 after four years, and a full expensed Audi A4.
Lidl – Graduate Management Development Programme
Starting out as a Customer Assistant means you’ll build your expertise from the ground up, from sales to people management.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree (obtained or predicted) or 2.2 with masters qualification
- Full UK clean driving license
- Fluent in English is essential
- Eligibility to work unrestricted in the UK on a full time basis
- Willingness to live (or relocate) within one hour commute from your chosen warehouse
- Strong communication skills and self confidence
- Open minded and willing to learn, grow and push yourself to be the best
£36,000 salary per annum and a fully expensed Audi.
Civil Service Fast Stream – Diplomatic Service
You could be based in London or working in a one of the Foreign Office’s small, challenging or remote embassies, or working on global issues in one of their large embassies in Washington and Paris.
- British citizen (those with dual nationality may apply) who have been a resident in the UK for at least two out of the last 10 years you need
- 2:2 degree or higher (or expected) in any subject
- Existing civil servants can apply without a degree
Civil Service Fast Stream – Finance
As a Finance fast streamer, you will work in some of the most fascinating, high-profile environments in government and will be part of a 10,000-strong finance community.
Boots Graduate Scheme
This scheme provides you with on-the-job experiences and an opportunity to work in stores and on community projects.
£26,000, or £29,000 if you are on the Software Engineering Scheme.
Lloyds Banking Group – Commercial Banking: Client Relationship Management
Provide tailored support and a wide range of innovative financial solutions, helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to trade internationally or to invest in Britain.