Girvan score 14 goal victory

Girvan recorded a stunning 14-0 win over Craigmark Burntonians on Saturday at Hamilton Park.

The astounding win from Iain Kearney’s men saw Jordan Ryan help himself to a double hat-trick as he scored six goals in the rout.

Andrew Hislop and Craig Harvey could also have laid claim to the match ball after bagging three goals each.

Marc Dyer and Colin Webb were the other goalscorers in a scoreline that was barely believable come full-time.

The result means the Seasiders move up to fifth place in the Ayrshire District League, three points behind early pacesetters Saltcoats Vics.

The emphatic victory was a welcome boost for Girvan after they had lost their opening league match at Dalry the previous week as well as suffering penalty shoot out heartache against Cumnock on Wednesday night in the League Cup.

Girvan were in total command from the first whistle and opened the scoring after just five minutes thanks to Craig Harvey.

However, in the early stages Girvan had to be on their toes and some slack defending almost let in Craigmark but David Markey was alert to the danger.

Within half an hour, Girvan had raced to a 4-0 lead, with Andrew Hislop scoring on 12 minutes, Harvey grabbing his second on 19 minutes and Jordan Ryan started his account on 29 minutes.

And by half-time both Harvey (37 minutes) and Hislop (39 minutes) had scored again.

Craigmark might have been forgiven for thinking Girvan would have taken their foot off the gas in the second half but they were to be mistaken.

Jordan Ryan started the second-half onslaught with his second after 47 minutes before Hislop completed his hat-trick two minutes later.

It was Ryan’s turn again on 55 minutes before Colin Webb popped up to take the score into double figures moments later.

Ryan grabbed a fourth goal on 64 minutes before making it 12-0 with ten minutes to go with his fifth.

Marc Dyer got a deserved goal on 83 minutes before Ryan got his second hat-trick with four minutes to go.

Girvan are next away to Darvel on Saturday 31 August. Kick off at 2pm.

Meanwhile, Maybole recorded a fine 1-0 win over Kilwinning Rangers at Ladywell Stadium on Saturday with Stuart McGrady grabbing the all important goal.

The win means Maybole sit third after two games in the first division and they’ll be hoping for more of the same when they head to Thorniewood on Saturday. Kick off at 2pm.

Girvan suffered an agonising penalty shoot out defeat to Cumnock on Wednesday night (August 24). The game finished 1-1 after 90 minutes after Andrew Hislop’s goal pegged back Robert Love’s early opener.

Girvan were the dominant side in the second half and should have won but were made to pay in the shoot-out.